Granulated cork as an infill material
Using granulated cork as an infill material is relatively new. It has great advantages as a replacement to conventional bedding material such as EPDM rubber (ethylene propylene diene monomer (M-class) rubber), TPE (thermoplastic elastomers), it has great advantages.
Advantages granulated cork for artificial turf:
- Elastic features
- Feeling of natural grass, least possible risk of injury
- Springy infill material: first-rate attenuation properties
- Weather resistant over decades
- Available in different weight- and elasticity classes depending on requirements
- Renewable resource (ecological, inexpensive, low density)
- 100% recyclable
- 100% natural product
Due to its structure, granulated cork heats up significantly less than other granules and increases the playing comfort because of a significant heat reduction (by 30%) especially during the summer. In addition, it has brilliant fire-protection properties, since it does not release any toxic substances during burnings.
Range of application
- Football grounds
- Hockey fields, tennis courts, golf courses, multi-purpose and the like